ZF-3777: Searching and indexing stops working after a period of time less than 24 hours.


Hi. On my development box and my production server I inevitably start receiving the error below. The only way to fix it is to delete all files of the search index, and re-index.

I've tried with 1.5.2 and with SVN head.

{quote} Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Backtrace (most recent call last) File: /home/gavin/public_html/redacted/trunk/vendor/ZendFramework-HEAD/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/Storage/Directory/Filesystem.php line 185 function called: __construct args: ../../../config/cache/search_index/read.lock.file, w+bFile: /home/gavin/public_html/redacted/trunk/vendor/ZendFramework-HEAD/library/Zend/Search/Lucene/LockManager.php line 88 function called: createFile args: read.lock.fileFile: /home/gavin/public_html/redacted/trunk/vendor/ZendFramework-HEAD/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php line 475 function called: obtainReadLock args: Zend_Search_Lucene_Storage_Directory_FilesystemFile: /home/gavin/public_html/redacted/trunk/vendor/ZendFramework-HEAD/library/Zend/Search/Lucene.php line 196 function called: __construct args: ../../../config/cache/search_index, {quote}


The issue had something to do with the read_lock file not being removed for some reason. I did an update of the SVN HEAD and the issue was fixed by r11040. This issue can now be closed.

It seems this issue is related to [ZF-3615]. flock() has different behavior on different filesystems.

Some lock processing improvements were done with [ZF-3615] fixing. That seems they also resolved this issue.

Please re-open issue if problem appears again.

Updating for the 1.6.0 release.