Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

<ac:macro ac:name="toc" />

<h2>Information</h2>

<ul>
<li>Date: 15 February 2012, 18:00-19:00 UTC</li>
<li><ac:link><ri:page ri:content-title="2012-02-15 Meeting Agenda" /><ac:link-body>Agenda</ac:link-body></ac:link></li>
<li>Moderator: Matthew Weier O'Phinney (nickname weierophinney)</li>
<li>Next meeting: 22 February 2012</li>
</ul>

<h2>Summary</h2>

<p>There was basically nothing to discuss. Either the topics did not have<br />
background posted for them (forms), or the principals were not present (console,<br />
log).</p>

<p>As such, the following was decided:</p>

<p>1. ask for a vote on the Console RFC on the ML, and give provisional approval to Thinkscape to continue.<br />
2. ask for volunteers to complete Zend\Log RFC and/or propose a new one, and move it to beta4<br />
3. get ideas and/or RFC posted for forms in time for next week's meeting.</p>

<p>A few announcements were also made:</p>

<ul>
<li>I announced a tool we'd announced on the ML previously: we're using <a class="external-link" href="http://www.AgileZen.com">http://www.AgileZen.com</a> as a Kanban board for planning releases, and have provided a "view" into it on the ZF2 subsite: <a class="external-link" href="http://framework.zend.com/zf2/board">http://framework.zend.com/zf2/board</a></li>
<li>The view layer RFC coding is about done, and can be found at <a class="external-link" href="https://github.com/weierophinney/zf2/tree/feature/view-layer">https://github.com/weierophinney/zf2/tree/feature/view-layer</a></li>
<li>The DB abstraction layer RFC coding is about done, and can be found at <a class="external-link" href="https://github.com/ralphschindler/zf2/tree/feature/db">https://github.com/ralphschindler/zf2/tree/feature/db</a></li>
</ul>

<h2>Log</h2>

<ac:macro ac:name="html"><ac:parameter ac:name="output">html</ac:parameter><ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[
<style>
pre.log {
white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; /* Mozilla, supported since 1999 */
white-space: -pre-wrap; /* Opera 4 - 6 */
white-space: -o-pre-wrap; /* Opera 7 */
white-space: pre-wrap; /* CSS3 - Text module (Candidate Recommendation) http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/#white-space */
word-wrap: break-word; /* IE 5.5+ */
border: 1px solid darkgray;
padding: 0.5em;
}
</style>
<pre class="log">
Feb 15 18:02:24 <weierophinney> LET'S BEGIN!
Feb 15 18:02:34 <weierophinney> Agenda for this week's meeting: http://bit.ly/As8pEF
Feb 15 18:03:17 <Slamdunk> no one here today?
Feb 15 18:03:20 <weierophinney> I commented on it earlier today, but I feel the first topic, Forms RFC, is not ready for discussion.
Feb 15 18:03:20 <prolic> hi
Feb 15 18:03:42 <weierophinney> So... that said... does everyone agree? or no?
Feb 15 18:04:02 <Andriesss> Sure, if it's too soon, it's too soon.
Feb 15 18:04:07 <prolic> ok i'm fine
Feb 15 18:04:08 »» weierophinney is wondering about the silence...
Feb 15 18:04:13 <weierophinney> ah, good, some voices.
Feb 15 18:04:25 <weierophinney> I take silence as agreement, so speak up if you disagree, please.
Feb 15 18:04:55 <Andriesss> 3 2 1 go
Feb 15 18:04:58 <weierophinney> kk, moving on...
Feb 15 18:05:02 <weierophinney> Console RFC.
Feb 15 18:05:09 <weierophinney> Is Thinkscape around anywhere?
Feb 15 18:05:43 <prolic> nope
Feb 15 18:05:44 <weierophinney> just as a reminder, the RFC is here: http://framework.zend.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=46792891
Feb 15 18:06:30 <weierophinney> Looks like he didn't update the RFC to remove the Zend\Cli verbiage yet.
Feb 15 18:06:55 <weierophinney> It sounded last week like with the changes suggested, folks were ready to mark it as approved for development.
Feb 15 18:07:02 <prolic> looks like he's not here, too, can we discuss without him? i think no
Feb 15 18:07:08 »» DASPRiD disturbs the silence
Feb 15 18:07:11 <DASPRiD> (silently)
Feb 15 18:07:16 <weierophinney> prolic, well, we could potentially still vote for its inclusion.
Feb 15 18:08:21 <MikeA_> +1 inclusion but would prefer his input
Feb 15 18:08:39 <weierophinney> kk... I'm going to move on to the last topic, and maybe he'll join in the meantime.
Feb 15 18:08:43 <weierophinney> Last topic: Zend\Log.
Feb 15 18:08:57 <weierophinney> RFC is here: http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC+-+Log+refactoring
Feb 15 18:09:11 <weierophinney> Intiilapa was spearheading it, but he's unable to work on it at this time.
Feb 15 18:09:30 <weierophinney> He originally thought, mid-January, that he'd be able to complete for beta3, but now does not appear to be able to do so.
Feb 15 18:10:02 <weierophinney> So, I'm planning to push it to beta4, but I'm wondering if anybody wants to take this over?
Feb 15 18:10:12 <weierophinney> He's done a fair bit of work, but i'm not 100% sure where it stands.
Feb 15 18:10:16 <weierophinney> Any takers?
Feb 15 18:10:30 »» EvanDotPro wishes he had time
Feb 15 18:10:43 <prolic> sorry don't have the time currently
Feb 15 18:10:57 <prolic> but i'd love to see LoggerAggregates
Feb 15 18:10:59 »» weierophinney is also willing to entertain an alternate refactoring RFC
Feb 15 18:12:15 <EvanDotPro> i know SpiffyJr was particularly interested in forms.
Feb 15 18:12:21 <weierophinney> kk, I'll push this call to the mailing list, then. We need somebody to adopt it soon, or else we'll need to live with the current API for ZF2.
Feb 15 18:12:52 <weierophinney> EvanDotPro, right... but we're tabling that discussion for today – I haven't had a chance to prepare my ideas for either the ML or an RFC yet.
Feb 15 18:13:18 <prolic> weierophinney .. how much work would you expect for zend\log refactoring?
Feb 15 18:13:55 <weierophinney> prolic, I'm unsure. It depends on how complete intiilapa's work is, and/or whether it makes sense to whomever wants to take it over.
Feb 15 18:14:00 <EvanDotPro> weierophinney: yeah, +1 for putting it up on the ML
Feb 15 18:14:07 <weierophinney> prolic, it might be a few days, it might be a week or two.
Feb 15 18:15:05 <weierophinney> This may go on record as the shortest meeting ever.
Feb 15 18:15:07 <Aldemar> weirophinney: intiilapa's work is a rfc?
Feb 15 18:15:17 <weierophinney> Aldemar, yes: http://framework.zend.com/wiki/display/ZFDEV2/RFC+-+Log+refactoring
Feb 15 18:15:28 <weierophinney> Aldemar, he's also done some development; let me get a link to the branch
Feb 15 18:15:32 <ralphschindler> haha
Feb 15 18:15:36 »» DASPRiD opts in for i18n
Feb 15 18:15:38 <prolic> does he has a branch with some code on github already?
Feb 15 18:15:41 <Aldemar> weierophinney: thx
Feb 15 18:15:43 <DASPRiD> (other topic)
Feb 15 18:15:44 <weierophinney> https://github.com/Intiilapa/zf2/tree/feature/logger-rewrite
Feb 15 18:15:54 <weierophinney> prolic, Aldemar that's the link
Feb 15 18:15:59 <prolic> thx
Feb 15 18:16:18 <weierophinney> So, here's my proposal:
Feb 15 18:16:45 <weierophinney> 1) ask for a vote on the Console RFC on the ML, and give provisional approval to Thinkscape to continue.
Feb 15 18:17:09 <weierophinney> 2) ask for volunteers to complete Zend\Log RFC and/or propose a new one, and move it to beta4
Feb 15 18:17:39 <weierophinney> 3) get ideas and/or RFC posted for forms in time for next week's meeting.
Feb 15 18:17:45 <Akrabat> evening all
Feb 15 18:17:51 <weierophinney> if everyone's okay with the above, we can wrap the meeting.
Feb 15 18:17:57 <ralphschindler> yep
Feb 15 18:17:58 <MikeA_> +1
Feb 15 18:17:58 <ezimuel> sounds good
Feb 15 18:17:58 <weierophinney> Akrabat, you're getting in as we finish.
Feb 15 18:18:02 <DASPRiD> +1
Feb 15 18:18:04 <Aldemar> +1
Feb 15 18:18:17 <Akrabat> oh well
Feb 15 18:18:43 <weierophinney> Akrabat, basically, principals are either not here to discuss, or agenda items aren't ready. :-/
Feb 15 18:18:52 <Akrabat> right
Feb 15 18:19:04 <weierophinney> But, a few notes on other topics.
Feb 15 18:19:16 <weierophinney> In case you missed the ML post, we're using an online Kanban tool, AgileZen.
Feb 15 18:19:27 <weierophinney> You can see status on the ZF2 subsite: http://framework.zend.com/zf2/board
Feb 15 18:19:39 <EvanDotPro> +1
Feb 15 18:19:39 <weierophinney> and that has links to the board, as well as to request an invite to it.
Feb 15 18:19:44 <Akrabat> that'll be ezimuel's work?
Feb 15 18:19:47 <weierophinney> Akrabat, yep
Feb 15 18:19:51 <Akrabat> nice
Feb 15 18:20:12 <Aldemar> weierophinney: kanban tool,.. cool
Feb 15 18:20:13 <ezimuel> Akrabat: thanks
Feb 15 18:20:13 <weierophinney> So, this is helping me plan, but it also helps you all to determine where you can be helpful –
Feb 15 18:20:40 <weierophinney> you can see what might be ready for testing, where you can help document, or where things are ready to develop but currently have no takers.
Feb 15 18:20:57 <weierophinney> Second, the view layer is almost ready for review for merging.
Feb 15 18:21:11 <ezimuel> And we have also Zend\Service\AgileZen component for the AgileZen's API
Feb 15 18:21:19 <weierophinney> If you haven't already, grab my feature/view-layer branch and start playing. I'm going to get initial docs in the next few days.
Feb 15 18:21:46 <weierophinney> Third, ralphschindler has almost got the initial zend\db rewrite feature complete. Start testing!
Feb 15 18:22:10 <weierophinney> Fourth, we'll likely announce code freeze mid-week or late-week next week for beta3. Again, START TESTING!
Feb 15 18:22:19 <weierophinney> I think that's all the extra business I have for now.
Feb 15 18:22:24 <weierophinney> anything else from anybody?
Feb 15 18:22:50 <o0xSG1z> whois weierophinney
Feb 15 18:22:53 <o0xSG1z>
Feb 15 18:23:02 <weierophinney> o0xSG1z, haha
Feb 15 18:23:02 <Aldemar> weierophinney: Zend\Service\Twitter ?
Feb 15 18:23:15 <weierophinney> Aldemar, what about it?
Feb 15 18:23:26 <weierophinney> I know there are some PRs against it right now – I'll be merging those tomorrow.
Feb 15 18:23:42 <Aldemar> doesn't work right now in beta2, when is it planned to make it work
Feb 15 18:24:00 <weierophinney> Aldemar, see the above. And if you're asking, you're it for making it work.
Feb 15 18:25:03 <weierophinney> anything else?
Feb 15 18:25:07 <weierophinney> going once....
Feb 15 18:25:12 <Andriesss> hold !
Feb 15 18:25:15 <weierophinney> kk
Feb 15 18:25:21 <weierophinney> Andriesss has the floor...
Feb 15 18:25:36 <DASPRiD> _________
Feb 15 18:25:38 <Andriesss> weierophinney, probably a lame question, but it's been a while since i've been here. Is there a page where i can see what to find in which branch?
Feb 15 18:26:20 <weierophinney> Andriesss, yes, EvanDotPro has a tool for that – Evan, what's the URL again?
Feb 15 18:26:31 »» weierophinney forgot to add a link to the ZF2 subsite sidebar...
Feb 15 18:27:04 <EvanDotPro> http://zf2.evan.pro/
Feb 15 18:27:12 <weierophinney> Andriesss, there you go.
Feb 15 18:27:17 <EvanDotPro> i will be updating that within the next week or two with new features.
Feb 15 18:27:18 <Andriesss> thanks EvanDotPro
Feb 15 18:27:47 <o0xSG1z> http://zf2.evan.pro/
Feb 15 18:27:58 <weierophinney> o0xSG1z, thanks, EvanDotPro already linked it.
Feb 15 18:28:03 <weierophinney> okay, anything else?
Feb 15 18:28:14 »» weierophinney notes that he needs to add that link to the zf2 subsite
Feb 15 18:28:41 <weierophinney> going once...
Feb 15 18:28:58 <weierophinney> going twice....
Feb 15 18:28:59 <DASPRiD> weierophinney, when will you message thomas
Feb 15 18:29:16 <weierophinney> DASPRiD, I'll do it tomorrow (I'll be leaving for the afternoon shortly)
Feb 15 18:29:20 »» sasa_ is now known as prolic
Feb 15 18:29:21 <DASPRiD> ic
Feb 15 18:29:36 <DASPRiD> weierophinney, tell me about his response/non response asap, so i can do planing there
Feb 15 18:30:12 <weierophinney> DASPRiD, he's been on IRC periodically – ping him when you see him, if you can. That may be even more expedient. I think he's wanting people to contact him; he doesn't respond to calls for him to reach out and discuss what he's doing.
Feb 15 18:30:28 <weierophinney> kk... last call...
Feb 15 18:30:29 <DASPRiD> only saw him once here
Feb 15 18:30:44 <weierophinney> DASPRiD, yeah, not seen him in here, only in #zftalk.2
Feb 15 18:30:55 <DASPRiD> here = zftalk.2
Feb 15 18:30:59 <weierophinney> kk – it's a wrap.
</pre>
]]></ac:plain-text-body></ac:macro>

Labels:
None
Enter labels to add to this page:
Please wait 
Looking for a label? Just start typing.