Zend Framework releases will be identified in the form x.y.z, where:
1) Any increment of x denotes a major release
2) Any increment of y denotes a minor release
3) Any increment of z denotes a mini release
Each release may contain the following:
1) A major release may contain any changes, including bug fixes, backwards compatible features, and backwards incompatible releases.
2) A minor release may contain only backwards compatible changes, including bug fixes and backwards compatible features.
3) A mini release may contain only bug fixes. Note that no new features or API changes are allowed whatsoever.