This proposal is under construction and is not ready for review.
Zend_Controller_Scaffolding will provide quick scaffolding features (that every mature framework has) by extending Zend_Controller_Action class. The component has a real code base and is used in several projects. TBD
Proposed Component Name
1.0 - Aug 2010: Initial Draft. (wiki revision: 2)
Zend_Controller_Scaffolding will provide quick scaffolding features (that every mature framework has) by extending Zend_Controller_Action class. The component has a real code base and is used in several projects.
There are several steps:
- Decide on data fields available for edition/listing/sorting/search and prepare two configuration structures: list of data (or synthetic) fields and general scaffolding options (like custom view folder, pagination etc.)
- Initialize scaffolding by passing 3 parameters: data providing class instance and the two configuration structures.
- Milestone 1: Discussions on design and functionalities.
- Milestone 2: Working prototype checked into the incubator supporting all use cases.
- Milestone 3: Unit tests exist, work, and are checked into SVN.
- Milestone 4: Initial documentation exists.
Suppose we have a (MySQL) table users with the following structure:
Also we created a model class Application_Model_Users that extends Zend_Db_Table. So, very basic scaffolding initialization will look like this: