If you have written testing standards previously, please read the guidelines below, and help author testing standards for the Zend Framework.
Components will not be included in Zend Framework releases without a reasonable collection of working unit tests. This includes incubator components.
We are moving towards continuous integration and are looking at having a build/test server (build docs, api docs and run tests) responding on check-in similar to CruiseControl.
- Sane defaults
- default database names, usernames, passwords, etc. should not conflict with existing ones
- desired [database] account restrictions and access should be included
- include example database creation scripts for each of the tested database engines
- reports produced in less than 15 minutes on typical systems
- All tests work out of the box, with minimal configuration
- Test startups and teardowns should be "smart" with persistent data, such that restarting the testing process works, regardless of possibly aborted previous tests.
- Zend_Environment runs first (to determine if the environment meets minimum ZF requirements)
- Zend Framework unit tests are written for PHPUnit2.
- Please use the latest available version of PHPUnit2 (requires PEAR).
- New install: