Ideas for Zend\Mail 2.0 that still need to be converted into decent requirements
- Zend_Mail should represent an instance of an email.
- Support verp
- Use a common class that represents a server
- "make attachments more clever" (encoding)
- EHLO keyword parsing http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1869.html
- Support for IMAP ACL
Even more tentative:
- Signing (PGP, DKIM, ADSP)
- Templating & batching
- CSS Inlining (put all css in their respective elements) 1 2
Analysis of Zend_Mail 1.0
- When adding recipients name and email are filtered, and headers added. Making it hard to manipulate these once added.