Access SVN is granted to component area leads and higher volume contributors. If you need access to SVN you may request it on the mailing list or through a component lead that you have worked with previously.
A few rules should be kept in mind when using SVN:
- All commits should contain commit comments.
- If a commit is resolving an issue from the issue tracker, the issue KEY should be indicated in the commit comment (i.e. "This resolves ZF-2"). This will cause it to be auto-linked from Fisheye to the issue, and also the reverse link from the issue back to Fisheye. The issue key can be seen when viewing any issue in the upper left corner of the screen.
- All commits that would affect release notes should have an associated issue in the tracker. There are issue types for most situations, and if it is just a significant change that does not fit into another category, use the issue type "Patch."
- It is no longer neccessary to update NEWS.TXT as the issue tracker will be used to generate release notes.
- When resolving an issue, feel free to edit the issue's title to be clearer based on anything you learned while fixing it. This will aid the readability of the release notes.